The Body Contact Cable System is visibly safe with the ClearView Spark Gap base.
The Clearview Spark Gap can be used separately as an electrode in its on right. It can be further enhanced with mylar pipe cleaners, metal pot scrubbers and 8 32 screws and screw eyes and provide endless opportunities for imaginative and safe play.
The BIG RED body contact system is also a part of the Dr. VonHertz Charm System™. It can be used with magnetic charm in 2 ways.
1) Hold the black part end of the BIG RED and use it as an extension cable with a charm on the magnetic tip.
2) Attach a charm with the ClearView base using the enclosed steel machine screw. (The ClearView is not magnetic without the use of a screw. Just remember to remove the screw when attaching the cable.)
This cable requires the ClearView Spark gap to function. You may order the cable only if you already have the spark gap, or the cable and spark gap as a package deal.
When we say High Intensity, we mean High intensity! Dr. von Hertz very deliberately engineered this product with the best of materials to minimize loss. This is a premium product with premium engineering. We are pleased to say that the performance of this cable has exceeded our expectations. With other cables, you probably need to crank up your wand to max power to get the sensations you seek. Because of the low loss design, you will find yourself using lower settings and seeing possibilities for other techniques.
Despite claims to the contrary, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to make a zero loss cable for the violet wand.
Loss on body contact cables is a function of resistive loss, corona loss and capacitive loss. Resistive loss is of negligible concern because the driving voltage is so high. Corona loss and capacitive loss are optimized by the design and the materials of the cable for the operating conditions of violet wands (high voltage and high frequency). The wire used in commonly available low cost cables** are often not designed for high voltage use. Inexpensive high voltage wire is usually only designed for DC, which is a much simpler problem. Surrounding the center conductor of Dr. von Hertz’s cable is a special semi-conductive layer which minimizes local charge gradient, and as a result reduces corona loss.
Note: Not recommended for use with the BD-20A. The BD-20A has a higher operating frequency compared to conventional wands like the BD-10 wands and Solid State wands. The BD-20A has 10x the frequency, and therefore 10x the capacitive loss. This higher operating frequency results in much higher capacitive loss with ALL body contact cables.
When you see the cable, the first thing you will notice is its robust thickness (nearly ½”!) and its surprisingly noodle limp flexibility. Under the bright red silicone outer jacket are the highly engineered layers which are the secret to this cable’s performance.
The Complete High Intensity Body Contact System includes:
• 1.5 meter cable
• Brass tube contact end
• A magnetic fixture on the contact end which is compatible with all Electrode Charms™ for dangly, zappy fun
• A Charm System™ Intensity Charm (lightning bolt or steel fiber Tail of Doom).
• A mesh bag for keeping your Body Contact cable organized
* Clear resilient PVC tubing to protect the ClearView Spark gap electrode
* An 8 32 screw for attaching magnetic Charm System charms™ (remove screw when attaching to the BIG RED body contact cable)
Playing with the cable:
* Tuck the contact rod under the partner who is bottoming for electrical play (Reverse Play)
* Tuck the contact rod on the body of the partner who is topping for electrical play (Indirect play)
* Can be used as an intense extension cable with Charm System™ charms
You need a violet wand to use this device!
There is another listing for owners of the High Intensity ClearView Spark Gap Electrode (original or XL) to purchase a cable upgrade of Cable only to plug into your Clearview Spark Gap Electrode.
** SOOJ, 600V, RG59, RG6, plastic coated clothes line, ball chain, etc.
CAUTION: While these electrodes are crafted from the highest quality annealed borosilicate glass, I do not recommend that you use them as an ignition source in fire play. Thermal shock can cause cracks in the glass which will let air into the tube and spoil the discharge. Is that a risk that you need to take with a one of a kind art piece? If you choose to do so, proceed at your own risk.
I do not recommend these pieces for internal play.
Jun 25, 2021
I just got this today and ran out to drag my bottom back inside to test it out! Once I figured out how it assembled it was SO AMAZING!! Love the loose texture of the cable itself and I will never fall out of love with the visible spark gap! Thank you!!!
Jul 12, 2020
May 19, 2020
Nothing compares to the good Doctor's cable, low loss, strong power and his unique spark gap is amazing. I look for him at every con.
Feb 24, 2020
Works nicely, no shock through the cable shielding unlike many others.
Mar 10, 2018
Great new toy! Enjoy it's intensity!